Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Traditions-New and Old

So we finally were able to do the one thing we always do every Christmas...which is watch Christmas Vacation (better late than never). It does not matter how many times I see that movie, it cracks me up! Maybe because it reminds me of some people in my family!
This Wednesday, I am going to take Lawson to my mom's house and we are going to do our annual baking! Although it is a little late in the season, it will still be fun and we should have some goodies to snack on over Christmas.
This Christmas will be a little different for us. Normally in the past we have always done Christmas morning here with just us and then we (my parents and Mitch's parents) all gather at my mom's house for dinner and gifts. Since this will be Lawson's first Christmas we have decided to do things a little different. We are going to do a small Christmas here with us, then go to my in-laws for brunch and gifts, and then to my parents for dinner and gifts. Although it will be crazy on us, this may be the last Christmas we can travel around. I want Lawson to be able to enjoy his Christmas and not have to go anywhere when he gets older. Then both of our families are going to gather on New Year's Day to have my mom's traditional New Year's Day dinner...YUM..and celebrate a late Christmas with them!
So even though the some of our traditions have changed...I am looking forward to spending a great holiday with our families!! I have started to make room for the massive amounts of toys Lawson is going to be spoiled with! We are so fortunate to have grandparents whose goal is to spoil him as much as possible!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas filled with love, laughter and family!!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more about staying home! This is the only Christmas Finley will spend away from home(since she doesn't know any better). I hope Lawson has a wonderful 1st Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete