Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

No A/C and a sick boy

For the past week we have been without a great working A/C unit. We have a warranty on the house since it is over 5 years old. So we called warranty company and they called a A/C company to come out in mid March. They put freon in and said if we had any problems to call them back. Luckily the unit wasn't working too hard due the cooler weather we had. But last week we noticed it wasn't cooling again. We called to have them come out. The company came out on Friday and said we have a bad leak because there was no freon in it. He told me someone would call Monday and set up a time to come out and fix it. Monday came, 2 messages left from me, and messages from the warranty company left and still haven't heard back from them. So the warranty company transferred my service to another company, who came out the next day and determined it was a bad coil and that the return for the unit didn't have a piece around it, therefore letting out more than half the air. He said our bills should have been high but we didn't know any better. Luckily, the $2500 fix is costing us nothing!!! Bad news is the part has to be ordered and will not be in until next Wednesday. So I have an appointment first thing Thursday morning to get it fixed. I think I can, I think I can.
During this uncomfortable time, I find myself realizing how lucky I am that I have a roof over my head and if I have to live through a rough week or so....I still got it pretty good!!
If the no air wasn't enough, my poor baby has two ear infections and a sinus infection. I knew he wasn't feeling great but figured it was just allergies. But then he spiked a fever for a day or so and I decided it was time to go to the doctor. He has a bad ear infection in his right and but the left isn't quite as bad as the right. So he is on augmentin for 10 days. Last time he was on this, I changed about 5 runny, poop diapers a day and the poor thing had horrible diaper rash. Now that I know this is the medicine that will do this, I am taking him off juice and acidic fruits for a while and pushing the yogurt! I am hoping by tomorrow he will be feeling a lot better! He has been so pitiful and it breaks my heart!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment