Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Water, Water EVERYWHERE!!!!

So about two weeks ago, Lawson was at my mom's. I had gone to the doctor that day and was just going to rest. Mitch got home from work and we were getting ready to go get him and run some errands. I decided that before we left I would start a load of towels. It was not even a large load but I put the dial on medium-large just to make sure. I went on about my business and walked into the kitchen to see if it was done. What I walked into was standing water! I started yelling for Mitch and probably said a few choice words. I ran to the laundry room and opened the door. When I did that, it was like the flood gates opened. Water started gushing out and now I was standing in ankle deep water. Mitch grabbed every towel in the house and we started trying to get it up. We used the shop vac to try and get up some water. Unfortunately it was a small shop vac so it took us quite a few times of sucking water up and then dumping it out. After about 30 minutes we were able to get all the water up.

We called our insurance company on Sunday, because by this point all the floors in the kitchen began to buckle. (We have laminate wood floors throughout the kitchen and living room.) Our insurance adjuster called on Monday and sent out ServPro. The put 3 huge fans and a de-humidifier in kitchen to try and dry up the moisture. Tuesday they came back out and ripped up all the floors in my kitchen. Luckily when we laid the floors, we left the original linoleum underneath so it didn't look too bad. They came on Thursday to pick everything up and I was finally able to get my house back in some kind of order. Friday we got a call from the adjuster and they gave us a really great estimate on what it was going to cost to re-do everything....kitchen and living room!!!! So we have now decided, it was going to be too tough to match the floors in the living room....so we are going to tile the kitchen. We got a great price on some tile and a really good estimate from a contractor to come and install it. This new project begins Monday!

It has been such a headache dealing with this! Last week I had someone at my house everyday looking at the washer, ServPro, ect. I will be so glad when this is finished! Even though it has been stressful to deal with, I get a brand new floor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment