Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

Picky Eater???

So recently I have decided to start making Lawson's baby food. I have heard that is much cheaper and of course healthier for them! So my mom gave me an early mother's day present which was the cookbooks I had wanted and some baby food storage containers to put it in.
So on Wednesday, Lawson and I headed to the new Publix they just opened and I had a list of fruits and veggies I was going to make. I bought broccoli, zucchini and apples. I thought I would start off small.
So I put the little guy down for his nap and went to cooking. I felt like Julia Child in there. I was steaming, pureeing, boiling and peeling! I was so proud with what I had accomplished! For $2.50 worth of broccoli I was able to make 24 oz of food, for $2.00 I was able to make 16 oz of zucchini and I broke even on the apples! The true test was going to come when I fed it to Lawson!

Now he is not a picky eater by any means but the performance this kid broke into when I fed him broccoli was worthy of an Oscar! He didn't like the applesauce either! He gagged, spit it out, threw it up...the whole works! What I can figure out is it is the textures. I didn't puree it down to water so it was a bit thicker. He was like that at first with peas because they are a little on the thicker side. So I am going to keep it in the freezer and hopefully when he gets some teeth, the textures will not bother him as much!

I am not giving up though! Next time I will just make sure the food is like water! Compared to the baby food that I have bought it defintely is a little bit thicker! Oh well!! I told Mitch that is probably the first of many times he will tell me he did not like what I cooked!!


Steamed zucchini


Pureed zucchini

Finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment