Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

1st Birthday Party

So this past weekend we celebrated Lawson's 1st birthday!!! Friday started by me waking up the birthday boy and feeding him his favorite breakfast (at least I hope it is), bananas and pancakes. Then we played for a while and then took our normal morning nap. He then got up from his nap and had some lunch and we awaited the arrival of Uncle Keefer. We had a few errands to run so we ran up to Publix and then to Milo's for lunch. Mitch was able to get home a little early so we hung around here until it was time to go eat dinner. We met my mom and sister and my in-laws at O'Charley's. I went and bought him cupcakes from Edgar's (which aren't cheap) and we sang "happy birthday" to him. I was so sure that he was going to LOVE the cupcake but....he didn't. I guess it was the texture of the icing. He loved the Publix kind. We came home and put the birthday boy to bed so we could get started on the party preparation!


Birthday Boy eating his breakfast


Lawson and his cupcake

Saturday was a little hectic. Mitch stayed home with Lawson so me and Keefer could go run our errands. We got back home at 10:30 and got busy on getting the table together. All the guests started to arrive around noon. The weather was hot and humid, of course, but everyone hung around out back while the kids played. Lawson got so many fun toys including a cozy coupe car, a radio flyer wagon, a Lightening McQueen car, a castle and climb slide, lots of books and tons of other fun things! He did NOT like that cake again! A little disappointed because I know everyone wanted to see him eat the cake. His buddy,Cole, even was going to join in but neither wanted the cake....must have been all the people standing around taking pictures while they are in the diapers!!


The cake...It was a Dr. Seuss themed party

Later that day, everyone left. I was able to get my house back in order and we spent the rest of the night watching the Alabama/Penn State game.

All in all, it was a GREAT day!!! I know people say 1st birthday's are more for the mom's than the kids....but I had so much fun doing this for him!! I want him to look back at the pictures and see how loved he is by so many people!!! We are so lucky to have him to spoil!!!!
I have tons of pictures that my friend and FABULOUS photographer took for me!! Thank goodness she was here because I only snapped 3 pictures. I relied on her to take the most of them!! And she did an awesome job!! There are way too many to upload so you can go to Lawson's website where I loaded them. It is http://www.lawsonbrandonjones.shutterfly.com/.

More to come in a few weeks when I take Lawson for his 1 year check-up. It was supposed to be today but got re-scheduled to the 28th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment