Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

Today we went to a play group to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! We stayed and played for a few hours until all the kids starting loosing it! So Lawson and I got in the car to head home. We weren't in the car for maybe 5 minutes and he started fading fast. I don't really like for him to nap in the car, because in the transfer from the car to the his crib he sometimes will wake up and think nap time is over. Yesterday, I was lucky enough that he napped in the car, stayed asleep while I ran inside to turn off the alarm, get his room ready and put the dog outside. I put him down and he fell right to sleep. I had to wake him up!!! Today, different story. I figured it wasn't worth it to try and keep him awake so I thought it might work again today. WRONG!!! Before I even turned the car off, his eyes popped open. So I took him straight in and put him down. He actually laid right down and was still for about 20 minutes. He then used the rest of his time (all 2 hours) to sing and talk to himself. You are probably wondering why I didn't get him up??? I was hoping he would fall asleep. No such luck!! So the rest of the afternoon made for a very cranky kid!!

We went outside and played...where he fell not once but twice on the sidewalk. He already has two nice cuts on his forehead from where he fell into his lego bin. He now has a scraped up elbow and thumb as well as a cut lip! So this made him even more of a delight to be around!!

Despite some of the drama, it was a good day! Mitch got on the roof and fixed the shingles that had come off in one of the storms....which saved us $300!! We grilled burgers for dinner and I just put my little leprechaun to bed!!

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!
my little Irishman!!
Helping Daddy fix the roof!!

No comments:

Post a Comment