Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hudson Mitchell Jones

We are proud to announce the birth of our second son, Hudson Mitchell Jones.  He made his big debut on Friday, the 13th of April 2012 at 9:23 am.  He was 8 lbs and 1oz and 22 inches long (which I now think they got wrong).  I was not scheduled to have him until the 23rd but on the 12th I started having really regular contractions every 2-3 minutes for an hour.  I decided to call the doctor because he was not moving as much as he had been and I was concerned the weeks of contractions were taking a toll on him. They told me to come in.  In a true chaotic fashion,  I call my mom to come get Lawson, Mitch was stuck on 280 in traffic after taking a employee to the doctor after a fall on the job so I loaded up the car with all our stuff....just in case and headed to Pelham to meet Mitch at his office.  

After arriving at the hospital and getting hooked up to monitors,  the contractions continued and were about 2 minutes apart.  Luckily, my doctor was on call so she came in an hour later and said that if they continued she would do my c-section in the morning.  They hooked me up to IV fluids and through the night they slacked off....of course.  I just knew she was going to send me home because just like with Lawson, these contractions were doing NOTHING but causing me pain.  My doctor came in that morning and said she was going to send me home and thought I was just dehydrated.  I begged her to do something....then she said the magic word....OKAY!!!  She was leaving town the next week and didn't feel comfortable leaving me knowing that I wasn't going to make it to my scheduled date.  

The second c-section has been an easier recovery.  We were able to come home that Monday.  Lawson has transitioned better than I expected.  He will talk to his brother but really doesn't pay him much attention right now.  






We are blessed beyond words!!  Even with the sleep deprivation and dealing with an active 2 year old (who came home Tuesday with a 102 fever and now has what we think is hand, foot and mouth disease...details in next post)  I can honestly say...my cup runeth over!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment