Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Potty Training

So last Monday was Lawson's last day at school and I decided that that would be the day we go all in with the potty training.  We came home and in big boy underwear he went.  He has not been in diapers (except for nap time and bed time and its just a pull up) since.  In the beginning we averaged at least one accident a day and we didn't go anywhere far from home for the rest of the week.    I would take him every 30 minutes and that Monday night he stood at the potty for 45 minutes until he went.  We decided to go ahead and teach him how to go #1 while standing.  He thinks it's cool because it's like Daddy!!  

By Thursday, he told me he had to go and I took him to the potty and he went!!!  But we went accident free yesterday, and I have to say I was pretty proud since we went to church, Hudson's baptism and brunch afterwards!! I have a chart that he colors 20 stars and he can go get a toy!  We are on star 23 right now so needless to say we are going to Wal-Mart today! He still has not gone #2 in the potty.  He waits to do that when he is in his pull up.  Baby steps, I guess!!  

Sometimes we have to force him to go but I can pretty much tell when he has to go!!  Hopefully in a few more weeks we will have the hang of both and we can be out of diapers completely!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment