Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What happens in Vegas...

Well fortunately our trip to Vegas was nothing like "The Hangover" but we still had a blast! We left Wednesday, October 6th at 1130ish and got to Las Vegas around 140ish. From there we got in our limo that took us down the strip to our hotel. Once arriving at the hotel, we quickly got unpacked and planned the rest of our evening. We decided that night would be best spent by going down to Fremont Street to watch the light show and the make our way back down the strip. We walked from our hotel to Peppermill to eat dinner. We then caught a cab and headed down to Fremont Street. We watched the light show, saw a few freak shows and lost money at slots. We caught another cab and had it take us to the Stratosphere. Everyone wanted to go to the top but my phobia of heights was stopping me...until I thought "I am in Vegas" so up to the top we went. I was so glad I did it because the view from up top was amazing. All the lights were so pretty and you could see for miles. We walked around up there for a bit and then headed back down to the casino. Rachel and I were playing slots and loosing quickly until we saw a neat slot that caught our eye....Sex and the City. The pay out was not great but boy did we have a blast playing....for hours. Mitch headed to the poker room where he walked away up $150 (which he lost later). We left there and decided to head back to our hotel to play in the casino and call it a night.

limo ride

me and Rachel at Peppermill

me and Mitch on Fremont Street

top of the Stratosphere
Day 2:
We woke up early and got ready to head down to the far end of the strip. First stop was the MGM Grand where we saw the lions and then took a tram down to Mandalay Bay and Luxor. After there, we headed over to New York, New York. Brian, Rachel and Mitch rode the roller coaster and I found....the Sex and the City game. Then we all ate a quick bite and we split ways...Rachel and I went to Caesar's to the Forum Shops and the boys stayed back to gamble. We all met back at the hotel to get ready to go see "O". It was great! Afterwards, we caught the water show at the Bellagio and headed over for dinner at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. It was amazing food!!

in front of the MGM Grand

me and Mitch in front of Paris

dinner at Eiffel Tower
Day 3:
We woke up early again and headed to the Venetian. We took a gondola ride and walked around for a bit. Then headed over to the Palazzo, Wynn and Encore before realizing we all wanted a food court to eat in....we needed choices. So we headed over to the Fashion Show Mall to the food court. We ate lunch and then once again..went our separate ways. Rachel and I shopped forever and still do not think we saw everything. We were going to meet the boys at 4p at Treasure Island so headed over there and did a bit more gambling before heading back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We all got dressed and headed over to Caesar's for our reservations at Mesa Grill. It was SOOOO good!!! After eating we went to the Mirage to watch the volcano and then to TI to watch the pirate ship show....or the strip show! We came back to our hotel and gambled some more.

me and Mitch on the gondola ride

me and Rachel with the Romans

about to eat at Mesa Grill

waiting on the volcano

Day 4:
By this day...we were all exhausted. We had a blast in Vegas but were all ready to come home! Our limo picked us up and we headed to the airport. We got in a little after 7p. While we were 30,000 feet in the air our husbands, Alabama fans, found out that their beloved team had lost to South Carolina. Rachel and I being Auburn fans were silently rejoicing but knew it would make the rest of the plane ride and night less enjoyable. All in all, it was a GREAT trip! We could not have gone to sin city with better friends!! Now time plan our next trip!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment