Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 14, 2011

Sick, Sick and Sick

The Jones house can not get well. I got sick the Friday we came home from Disney. I started a 10 day antibiotic and was feeling better right before New Year's Eve. The day before NYE and one day after I got off the antibiotic, I got sick...AGAIN!!! Got another round of antibiotics for 10 days. I am finally feeling better so hopefully two rounds of antibiotics has knocked it out.
Then Monday, Lawson spiked a fever of 103.4. Bless his heart, he just sat in my lap and had no energy. We called the nurse and she said just to watch him and if it got to 105 call and take him to Children's. Luckily we didn't have to take him because I was not sure how we would have gotten there with the roads being icy. Tuesday morning, he was acting better. He ate a good breakfast and his temp was down to 99.7. Then after his morning nap, he spiked a fever of 104.3. I called the doctor's office and they said to bring him in. Luckily his flu test was negative and his blood work came back normal. The doctor said his right ear was red so it may have been the beginning of an ear infection. So he gave us an antibiotic just in case. The next day...he was a different kid. We have been fever free for 48 hours!!!
Then on Monday night, I think Mitch got a touch of the stomach virus. He was really sick on his stomach and couldn't really eat anything for a day or so. Luckily, that has not spread to us so maybe it was just something he ate.
I am hoping that now that we have all had some kind of illness the past month....we can stay well for awhile. I am listening to my mother...and taking my vitamin C. Hope that helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment