Lawson Lilypie

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Hudson Lilypie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 14, 2011

Trip to Sylvania

So last Wednesday, the 5th, we packed up the car and headed to down to a small town called Sylvania, GA. It is where my family is from and it is always fun to go down there. This is our second time to go down there this time of year and the reason being because so the boys can hunt. We stay in this great guest house that has a real cabin feel to it and it has this great fireplace that we keep going all weekend long.


melts my heart

Thursday we went over to my great Aunt Pet's house to have dinner. Some of my cousins came over along with my great Uncle Billy and Aunt Betty. That night my cousin Jason was coming in town so Mitch and Brian decided to go and stay with him at the "hunting club". Needless to say we did not see them the entire weekend.

Friday we visited some more and then went to dinner at this quaint little restaurant called "Browns Kountry Kitchen". I think we were related to half the people in there which made it fun. I ordered a rib eye which was probably hands down the BEST steak I have every put in my mouth. Leave it to little hole in the wall places to have some of the best food. Mitch ended up coming home that night just to sleep and get new clothes and then headed back into the woods on Saturday morning.
Saturday, my mom, sister, Lawson and I headed down to where they were hunting to see my cousin and also see the boys since they pretty much had been MIA since Thursday. I got some cute pics of Lawson and Mitch and then we all headed back to the house to put Lawson down for a nap. We decided since there was an impending snow/ice storm coming to Alabama we might as well get bread and milk in Georgia since that is the first thing flying off the shelves when anyone mentions snow. Later that afternoon, we went to the cemetery where my family is buried and then went over to my cousin's house for dinner and visited for awhile.





busy, busy, busy...man on a mission

Lawson and Mitch...in their camo
We were supposed to meet my dad in Atlanta on our way home for lunch, but we all thought it would be better if we just headed home before the roads got too bad. All in all it was a great trip. One of my friends always rags me because she says we have more family reunions than anyone she has ever met. Although I do have to agree...I feel really fortunate that I am able to be in the family I have. My great aunt and great uncle are the last "heads" of the family we have. I love being able to spend time with them because it reminds me of my childhood. It is a good feeling being surrounded by those that you love and that love you!!
***side note-Mitch did not kill a deer again. He was so excited when he got his hunting rifle and didn't even get to shoot it. He said they didn't even really see anything. He is planning a trip in October to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment